Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First thing to work on...

So I've ordered my Viewlix Cabinet from Kray a couple of weeks ago and while I wait on it I think I'll start working on my MAME computer that will be powering it.  I also plan on installing SSFIV AE along with other emulators.  Therefore I need my MAME computer to be somewhat powerful, but first I've got to dig out of my closet.

Here is the old ugly thing:

Old PC (Micro-ATX Case)
This is a micro-ATX case and I really have nothing but bad memories about this PC.  I brought it back in 2005 if I recall.  I brought it in the advent of high definition video becoming prominent.  This PC cut through regular 480p videos of game trailers that I found on the internet but when I first downloaded a HD trailer for Dead Or Alive 4 for the Xbox 360 this PC struggled to play it!  

Side view of this weak PC
I thought to myself...I paid more then $600K for this PC which I thought was top of the line and it can't play high def videos!  What a freaking waste of my money.  It was already to late to return it and I was stuck with it.  It really pissed me off!

This was a barebone PC
The weak thing was a Pentium 4 with some weak video card that I don't even remember what it was and with like 2 GB of RAM.  This PC is not going to cut it.  Time to hit up Newegg and perform some needed surgery on it to make it modern!  This will be the first thing I work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment