Friday, September 30, 2011

A little extra...

Oh a little package arrived:


I read somewhere that an octo-gate is better then a square gate for the SANWA JLF.  Well I purchased some from Lizardlick along with some quick disconnects (for wiring the pushbuttons for the arcade cabinet).  I ordered  four octo-gates.  2 for my Madcatz Tournament Edition Sticks and 2 that will go in the arcade cabinet.

Here is my arcade stick:

Here is the octo-gate:

Here I'm performing surgery on my arcade stick.

Here is what we are removing/upgrading:

Removed:

Side by side comparison:

New transplant:

Here is everything closed up.  It doesn't look different.  It doesn't smell different.  Maybe it will play different.

First thing is to check out that I didn't break anything:


Fire up my main PC (different PC from my newly built MAME PC) which has SSFIV AE:

After a quick match....hmmmm....not bad!


Before I forget, I have to add up the cost of the gates and the quick disconnects:

Cost for gates & quick disconnects: $29.35
Total cost so far for project: $539.36 (this doesn't even include the Kraylix Cabinet.  I'll add that price when I receive it)

No comments:

Post a Comment