Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Computer shopping from home...

I spent the better half of my Saturday researching and figuring out what components I wanted to buy to upgrade the PC.  The challenge is trying to find the right processor and video card that will be powerful enough to play Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (this will be my baseline) at 1080p, 60fps, and all settings at high.  This may seem easy but I really don't want to go overboard.  SSFIV AE is not a graphic demanding game and I don't want to get an Intel Core i7 and Radeon HD 6900 series video card because I know that would all be overkill in capabilities and price.  I searched, researched, looked at the performances of certain video cards with SSFIV AE and finally made a decision late Saturday night on these things:

Newegg Invoice
I decided to keep my power supply, case, and DVD-ROM drive from my PC and buy a new motherboard, RAM, video card, and processor.  I think this should be enough but won't really know until I get everything and do a benchmark. 

Total: $380.61

No comments:

Post a Comment